What is netReporter?
netReporter is a lightweight, multiplatform, web based query tool and reporting environment. SQL queries can be published in a few minutes. It supports tabular, crosstab, charts, scheduling, email alerts, drill down, among other features. Results are exportable to spreadsheet/pdf, can be reversed to a database table (cached), can be embedded in a portal-like page or retrieved via a smartphone. All this to create a simple yet effective Open Source Business Intelligence solution.
- Provide live data via a web browser (table/crosstab, graphs, spreadsheets, pdf).
- Group queries/graphs in a single portal-like page (dashboards).
- Schedule queries, publish or send results via e-mail.
- Build rules to dynamically filter query results based on user.
- Drill Down, Cached Results, Enable your information via RSS.
- Leverage on LDAP, Active Directory or other existing authentication systems.
- Simple to install, administer and use.
Objective: The objective of netReporter tool is simplicity, it means that once you have an SQL query you can let users access information in a matter of minutes.